When your power goes out unexpectedly, or you need electrical rewiring at home, the first person you should call is a reputable electrician to assist you in resolving the issue. However, electrical repairs should not be performed by just anyone. Always hire a licensed and trusted electrician and ensure that the person you hire handles the issues and fixes them as soon as possible.
Finding the right electrician is easier than finding the right carpenter or plumber. When an electrician shows you their state license, you can assume a certain level of competence, but there are things to consider when choosing an electrician:
- Qualifications and Experience
Not all electricians are the same. Some have additional qualifications or experience in various areas of electrical work, and some may even have accreditations. Choosing Eagle Rock Residential Electricians guarantees that the electrician has three years of experience.
Choosing Eagle Rock Residential Electricians ensures the highest quality and electrical safety. Several organizations provide energy efficiency accreditation. An electrician with this type of certification should be well-versed in energy-saving products and technology.
- Proper License
The most important thing to consider when choosing an electrician is whether they are licensed. A license guarantees that the electrician has done the necessary courses and special training to perform the job correctly and safely. All you need to do is to ask to see their license, make sure it is current, and do an online check if possible.
Ensure that the license covers the type of work you need to be done. Some electrical licenses may carry restrictions. It is also important to ensure the electrician carries all the necessary insurance.
As previously stated, licensed electricians must complete an apprenticeship program before registering. As a result, even if they are newly licensed, they will have recommendations from not only the company they apprenticed but also from some of the clients they may have worked for.
- Attitude and Communication
Nobody wants to deal with specialists who have a bad attitude or does sloppy work. Take note of whether they arrive on time for the quote or, if they are delayed, did they call ahead and let you know? Do they interact with you?
You must be certain that you understand each other to avoid miscommunications during the project. The quality of work provided usually reflects a professional appearance and attitude.
Hire a Professional Now!
If you cannot still find the best electricians, rely on us at Eagle Rock Residential Electricians. Our expert team only provides the most accurate services at prices that all of our customers in the area can afford.
Furthermore, we use cutting-edge tools and equipment to perform various electrical repair services, and no matter how complex the projects are, you can be confident that if you hire our team of experts, you’ll get everything you want.
Tips for Track Lighting Installation
A track lighting system is an excellent way to brighten any room, including the kitchen and garage. However, installing a track lighting system on your own can be daunting. On the other hand, track lighting can be installed in just one afternoon with careful planning. You need to determine the length of the track required, its location, how to fasten it to the ceiling, and how to connect it to a power source.
Track lighting allows you to get concentrated light from a single ceiling fixture. The track employs a narrow-focus bulb to highlight a work of art. Track lighting can also be used as a wide-focus “wall washer” to illuminate a wall. It can also brighten up a kitchen counter or reading nook.
These tips will show you how to install track lighting with an existing switch-equipped outlet.
- Determine the length of track you will require
- Measure the ceiling length where you intend to install your track lighting before going to your local home improvement store. To get an accurate measurement, have someone assist you in holding a tape measure up to the ceiling.
- Track and connectors can be purchased at your local home improvement store.
- The lighting track is typically available in 4-foot (1.2 m) or 8-foot (2.4 m) sections. If you can’t find a track that’s the exact length you need, buy one that’s a little longer so you can cut it later. You should also purchase connectors if you want your track to make any turns on your ceiling.
- Use a hacksaw to cut the track to the desired length.
- If you purchased a track length longer than required, you could cut it to length with a hacksaw. Make a mark on the track where you want to cut the required length. Then, while holding the track steady with one hand, place it on a sawhorse or other solid surface and begin to saw.
- Insert connectors if you intend to use them.
- If you’ll be connecting multiple tracks with connectors, it’s best to put them on before you fasten the track system to the ceiling. This step does not require any special equipment. Insert the connectors into the track’s end.
- Remove the old fixture to reveal the electrical box.
- When removing the old fixture, use caution. It could be heavy or awkward. When you remove the fixture, you’ll notice a box set into the ceiling with wires. This is the power supply.
- Connect the power end adapter and the floating feed to the electrical box.
- When you remove the light fixture, you’ll notice several wires in the electrical box. The wires on the end power adapter with your track will be the same color. Connect the same-colored wires with wire nuts.
So, if you are looking for the most trusted and reliable electrician? Appointments can be made online or over the phone with Eagle Rock Residential Electricians.